Vote for your favorite app

StuLink

StuLink offers both a web platform and a smartphone application for students to create a digital profile of themselves and document their achievements, past experiences, knowledge and skills. While simultaneously giving companies a channel to promote work placements that are available such as internships, traineeships, apprenticeships and so on. Students can apply for these work placements and gain real world working experiences and companies have the opportunity to recruit talented students.

purpose: The aim of StuLink is to give students the opportunity to find work in their field of interests and gain valuable insights into the what is required of that profession. Students can use this opportunity to learn from experience professionals and gain important skills that may not be available from a classroom environment. At the same time, it also gives companies an early chance to nurture and support talented students which the company would like to recruit once the student has completed their studies.

users: StuLink will be used by both students that want to find work placements and also used by companies that like to offer training, support and guidance to talented students.

usage: Student users can use the system to create a digital profile of themselves which outlines their skills, past experiences, achievements, merits and recommendations/endorsements from their teachers/referees.
When the student applies for a work placement, the company can view the student's digital profile and identify whether the student is a suitable candidate for the role.

data: StuLink can help gather student information such as their past working experiences, interests, skills, merits, grades etc that may not be publicly available.
At the same time, the system can collect data from companies to identify the types of skills and knowledge they would like to see in students, which can be useful to
help students prepare for getting employment in the industry.

instructions: Please use the following URL to access a working prototype of the site:
- http://stulink.authorby.me

A demo user account has been provided below:

email: emma.watson(at)example.com
password: demo123

support: To improve the StuLink system, we need to work closely with schools, NSW Department Education and Board of Studies to identify vital data and functionalities that will be helpful to students.

example: - My Cycle of Care (one of the winners of the apps4NSW competition organized by NSW Health)
- Routify NSW (an iPhone app that sends alerts to users about traffic conditions/reports)
- http://ozdocsonline.com.au

877 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminAdminAdmin (APPS, apps4nsw) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lucy Lin UnohooLucy Lin Unohoo commented  · 

I think this is such an awesome idea for such a tech-focussed generation! Keep up the good work!(like someone suggested, linking with LinkedIn would be great)

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be great if this app somehow connected with LinkedIn - the social media tool for professional career development.

• jenjen commented  · 

nice UI for the site.

• derekderek commented  · 

wow a working prototype already. awesome!

Feedback and Knowledge Base